The settings of the lesson permissions:
Depending on whether the lesson is private or public, the students can access the content in different ways:
1. Public lesson: accessible to any user of the platform (even unregistered). However, only registered users will have an opportunity to comment. The lesson is accessible through the search and through the direct link. Users, engaging with the lesson, do not automatically get added to the course as a student.
2. Private lesson: accessible only to a particular group os users invited by the owner of the lesson. You can invite students in the course menu by going to Permissions > Create new invitation link for learners
The settings of the course permissions:
A course ( a number of interconnected lessons) permissions have a few additional features:
1. To access the content of the course it is necessary to enroll in it.
2. The instructors specified as course authors automatically become the authors of each lesson included in the course and can edit them, even if they were not specified as authors in the settings of that particular lesson.
3. The learners enrolled in a particular course automatically get access to all the lessons included in the course even if they did not have access to them before.
Each course offers the users of the platform a number of roles:
1. Admin - the person, who created the course and has the right to delete it. If the course was created by one particular instructor he has owns that right. If the course was created by an organization or a group of instructors, they should create one joint account that would be permitted to create, delete and manage the courses. The admin of the course will automatically appear on the information page of the course. If you want to display multiple creators of the course on the information page you can add them by editing the information page. If you want your course to have multiple admins, however, you do not wish to display all of them to the students you can add them through the settings in "Course permissions"
2. Instructors - teachers of the course who have the rights to edit the course and the lessons included in it, as well as add and moderate comments. You can add instructors by editing the information page of the course. The instructor should also fill out her profile for the display on the information page.
3. Teachers - instructors or students who have the rights to edit the course and the lessons included in it and moderate comments, however, they are not shown to the learners on the main information page of the course. Add teachers in the settings "Course permissions".
4. Moderators - instructors or students who have the rights to moderate (pin and delete comments) but do not have the teachers rights.
5. Learners – users, who can engage with the course and the educational content and comment on it.
6. Testers – users, who can engage with the course and the content and comment on it before the official opening date of the course in order to test it. Find more about course testing here.