Every registered user can create open courses on Stepik. To create a course just go to your profile page and find the button 'Create a course'. By default, all the courses that you create are public and can be viewed by all the users of the platform through the search or by direct link. For more information consult the help center for instructors.
If you'd like your course to get featured to get support from our staff in managing your course, please make sure you do following things:
1. Register on the platform and fill out your information and a short bio.
3. Create a course structure plan. Write out the modules and single steps, specifying the format (video lectures, texts or only assignments) create the modules and fill them up with lessons.
4. Create a few lessons in each module filling them up with content. It's important to use all the types of assignments you are planning to use in these trial lessons.
5. Make sure to familiarize yourself with course settings and fill out the information page of your course.
6. If the course is created by an institution and not by private instructors make sure to understand the different roles of the poepl creating a course and elect an admin.
7. Record videos and upload them in the course.
8. Check out the terms and conditions and contact the Stepik team firstname.lastname@example.org.
After you receive a consent for partnership from Stepik:
1. Prepare all the content for the course: record the videos, make slides and upload all of the content in the course. Check out our guidelines to have a better idea of how to create content. Don't forget to specify tags for lessons. It will make the search process for your students easier.
2. Prepare practical assignments for the course and attribute points to them. Students should ideally spend the same amount of time studying the theory and completing assignments. Besides automated grading, Stepik also offers an opportunity to use peer review for the grading process. For a course that requires some prior knowledge and skills, it is important to specify that on the information page and ideally create an exam so that students can assess their skills before joining the course.
3. Finish filling out the information page and set the dates and deadlines. Start marketing your course on your social media channels and/or channels of your institutions.
Note, that the course should be complete at least 3 weeks before the start date.
4. Test your course to make sure everything is clear and works properly. Do it yourself or use a focus group.
5. Launch the course and monitor your students' activity and maintain communication with your students.
6. Set up the certificate editor by adding a logo of your organization and your signature. Issue the certificates after the last deadline.
7. Decide on what will happen to the course after closing date. Would you want to relaunch it? Or maybe make it self-paced?